Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hands of Service

I thought I'd share a fun little idea if you need to thank someone for doing service. I have a program that I call the FISH program that I felt inspired to do. But more on that later...I asked a friend who is an instructor at Mandalynn Academy, which is an Aesthetics school, to come and do some pedicures for my "FISH Girls." She brought some of her students to help and we had free pedicures and some fun and much needed girl time. I was really grateful to my friend and her students for offering their time because pedicures are soooo expensive. I made soup and had rolls and cookies for lunch when the girls were done. I also sent them home with a gift bag. I bought some inexpensive, but nice, gloves at Walmart and some Werther's caramels and put a tag on it that said "You're so sweet for offering your hands in service." Cute right? Well, I thought it was. I sent my FISH girls home with a pedicure set that I bought at the dollar store and a small vial of oil courtesy of the students along with a card that explained how the Savior helps us "exfoliate all the hardness of our souls" through the atonement and how His love helps us "to be smooth"...much like our feet during a pedicure. Anyway, it made better sense when you read the whole thing (which I spared you and did not include it here) and a few of the girls told me that it really helped them put the atonement into perspective for them. This would make a fun YW Activity or RS Activity...or just a fun girls night like we did!
here is the gift bag with the tag
here is the gift bag that shows you the "sweet" candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment